New Patients at Cobb Pediatrics
Whether you are expecting your first child, transferring from another city, or just looking to make a change, we are honored that you’ve chosen Cobb Pediatrics.
If you are expecting a baby, schedule a complimentary Prenatal Visit. Find out more here.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I schedule an appointment?
- All new patients are required to register on our portal prior to scheduling an appointment. Visit the Cobb Pediatrics Patient Portal and follow the instructions to register as a patient with our practice.
- Please review our office HIPAA Policy and our Payment Policy prior to registering.
- Upon receipt of your registration, our New Patient Coordinator will contact you promptly (typically the same business day) to schedule an appointment.
- If your first scheduled appointment is a Well Visit and your child has any known, complex medical issues (such as developmental, chronic diseases, mental health, behavioral, ADHD, etc.), please let our Coordinator know when scheduling- we will block some extra time for your first appointment to ensure that all of your concerns are addressed.
- If you are transferring from another practice, we will need your medical records and/or prior immunization records prior to your first visit. If you need help requesting those from a previous doctor, let our Coordinator know. We are happy to assist.
Do you accept my insurance?
We participate with most managed care plans, including (but not limited to) Blue Cross Blue Shield, Coventry, United Healthcare, Aetna, Cigna, and Humana. We recommend that you check with your insurance company to confirm that we are “in-network” with your plan prior to your appointment.
We regret that we do not accept Medicaid, Wellcare, Peachcare, Peachstate, or Amerigroup.
What if I do not have insurance?
Payment in full is expected at the time of service, but we offer deeply discounted rates to our uninsured patients. We also participate in the federally-funded “Vaccines For Children” (VFC) program, which helps children get the vaccines they need if their parents are not able to afford them. Learn more about VFC and determine if you are eligible here.