Cobb Pediatrics General Information
What to Bring to an Appointment
Request Medical Records
ADD/ADHD Treatment & Controlled Substance Policy
- We see patients by appointment only in an effort to keep your wait times at a minimum.
- Our Patient Services department can be reached during normal business hours by calling (770) 425-5331 and handles incoming calls and scheduling appointments.
- Prior to scheduling, we will confirm your demographic and insurance information – so please have this information available when you call.
- We ask that you give as much detail as possible regarding the reason(s) for your appointment so that we can set aside the appropriate amount of time needed for your visit.
- Photo identification and a current insurance card (if applicable) are required to be presented at each visit.
- Payment or co-payment (if applicable).
- Minor children must be accompanied by a registered Parent or Guardian. As a courtesy, we will see unaccompanied adolescent/young adults who are established patients with prior authorization from the registered parent or guardian. This treatment authorization can be submitted as a message to us via the Patient Portal.
- We do not accept walk-ins and require that you call in advance for all appointments – whether it is a well visit, sick visit, or if you need to add sick siblings to an existing patient appointment.
- We reserve multiple “Same Day” sick visit appointments on our daily schedules specifically for these last-minute type visits. Calling ahead will allow us to reserve one of these appointments for you and our staff can prepare in advance for your arrival.
- We don’t overbook our schedules, so when you schedule an appointment with our office that specific time has been set aside for you. Missed appointments and last-minute cancellations are very costly to our practice and also prevent us from giving that appointment to another child in need.
- We ask for 24-hours notice on all appointment cancellations when possible.
- A no-show fee in the amount of $50.00 (per patient) will be charged if you fail to show for an appointment or for avoidable cancellations that occur within 24-hours of the appointment time. Families with excessive no-shows or last-minute cancellations will be asked to leave our practice.
- If you are late for a scheduled appointment, we cannot guarantee that you will be seen. We will do our very best to accommodate you (if it’s possible to do so without inconveniencing other patients who arrived on time.)
- If we cannot accommodate you, we will reschedule your appointment for another day or time.
- Late appointment arrivals are equal to a missed appointment, therefore our $50.00 (per patient) no-show fee will apply.
Emergencies, Medical Advice, and After Hours Calls
Call 911 in the case of an emergency.
For the Georgia Poison Control 24-hour hotline, please call 1-800-222-1222
- Our website is available 24/7 as a reliable resource for finding current, recommended pediatric medicine dosages or information on treating and managing hundreds of the most common pediatric illnesses and conditions. From our home page, you can get the most up to date information and treatment recommendations for your child’s specific symptoms.
- In the event you need additional assistance, our Patient Services department is available during normal office hours. During peak hours or seasons ,you may be asked to leave a message, but our goal is to return all calls within 1-2 hours. If you feel that your call is urgent and you have not been called back within a reasonable amount of time, please call again and let our staff know so that they can expedite your request.
- Calls received on holidays or outside of normal business hours will be forwarded to our after-hours automated attendant.
- For non-urgent calls such as routine questions, prescription refills or requests, medical records, referrals, or appointments, etc., please follow the prompts to leave a message for the appropriate department. Your call will be returned by our staff the following business day. Non-urgent requests may also be submitted via our Patient Portal.
- If your call is urgent and cannot wait until the following business day, from the automated attendant please choose option “1” to be transferred to our answering service. After hours medical advice calls will be routed to Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta’s Nurse Advice Line. If you need additional assistance our answering service will take your information and page the on-call doctor. In the event that we to refer you for emergency care or treatment outside of our normal business hours, we will recommend a Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta emergency facility (click here for their contact information and locations).
We’ve gone paperless! All patient forms are now completed securely and electronically.
- Electronic Patient Information Forms are required for all new patients, at most well/check-up visit intervals, and at all ADD/ADHD related appointments.
- We require you to log in to the Cobb Pediatrics Patient Portal and complete all assigned surveys and other tasks prior to your arrival at the office.
- If you do not complete these forms prior to your arrival, we may be forced to reschedule your appointment.
- Current patients can access their their visit history, immunization records, and copies of any recently-issued school/camp forms by logging into the Cobb Pediatrics Patient Portal. You may also submit a “Medical Records Request” through the portal for a complimentary, electronic copy of your entire “Treatment Summary” (this summary includes your problem list, immunizations, medications, allergies, and most recent visit). Most portal requests for records are processed within 1-2 business days! We will keep you informed if your request is delayed for any reason.
- If you are not a current patient or do not have access to the portal; or if you need records sent from us to any third party, download our Medical Records Release Form. Completed release forms should be faxed to 770-425-0799. Please allow 30-days for the processing of your request.
Please click on the link to read our HIPAA Policies.
Please click on the link to read our Payment Policies.
ADD/ADHD Treatment & Controlled Substance Policy
Please click on the link to read our ADD/ADHD Treatment & Controlled Substance Policy